Volleyball is a team sport across men's and women's competitions. The sport is played on an indoor court. Where venue capacity allows matches will consist of the best of 5 sets with the first 4 sets to 25 points and the fifth set to 15. Registration requires a minimum squad of 7 players and a maximum of 12. There must be a minimum of 6 players on the court to avoid incurring a forfeit. Each team may cross accredit up to 3 players.
Volleyball is a qualification sport in the women's competitions for the Australian University Games and requires teams to qualify via their regional university games event.
The competition program is scheduled across four days.
The initial competition schedule is:
- Monday 3 July 2017 - 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 4 July 2017 - 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 9:00am - 7:30pm
- Thursday 6 July - 8:00am - 5:00pm
262-282 Anakie Road
Bell Post Hill
- Surface Type - 2 Sprung timber floor courts
- Warm Up areas - No additional courts available for warm up
- Car parking - 215 car/bus parks available
- The centre has toilets, disabled toilets, change rooms, and is part of the sports Hub for Badminton, Volleyball, Futsal and Table tennis
- Seating Capacity - 250 - 350
- Catering - The Leisuretime Sports Centre has its own café
- Bus - Fenwick St/Ryrie St (Geelong CBD) Route 22 bus towards North Shore Station (via Anakie Rd). Get off at stop Bell Post Shopping Centre/Anakie Rd (Norlane), 2mins (190m) walk to Leisuretime Sports Centre
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, Caltex Woolworths, 290/306 Anakie Rd, Norlane VIC 3214
Draws will not be made available until the week before the event, with results made accessible once the event has commenced.