Ultimate is a team sport played as a mixed competition at the Southern University Games. The sport is played on an outdoor field and will feature matches capped at fifteen points or eighty minutes.
Registration requires a minimum squad of 10 players. A maximum of 7 players on the field is allowed at any one time. There must be a minimum of 5 players on the field to avoid incurring a forfeit. Each team may cross accredit a maximum of 3 players. Unlimited substitutions are permitted after a goal is scored and before the next pull. Teams may be required to complete team duties to assist with scoring.
The competition program is scheduled across four days.
The initial competition schedule is:
- Monday 3 July 2017 - 8:00am - 7:30pm
- Tuesday 4 July 2017 - 8:00am - 7:30pm
- Wednesday 5 July - 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Thursday 6 July - 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Surface Type - The football oval will have three fields available
- Warm Up areas - There are no warm up areas located at the venue. Other grass areas near the pitch can be used
- Car parking - Parking available at several locations across the Waurn Ponds campus
• Ticketed parking from 8:30 am-4:30 pm
• Costs $1.50 p/h up to $6.00 per day
• Pay online via Cell-O-Park App
• Links to Android & iOS apps
- Access to toilets, disabled toilets, and change rooms can be found in KD Stewart Centre, Alfred Deakin Drive, Deakin - Waurn Ponds
- Catering - There are various catering options available on-campus, Buildings JB/NA/Library
- Bus - Geelong Station - Deakin University via Highton (Route 43). Departs from Geelong Station and runs via Railway Tce, Pigdons Rd and Alfred Deakin Dr to Deakin University, Waurn Ponds
- Petrol - The nearest petrol station is, Coles Express, 135-177 Colac Rd, Grovedale VIC 3216